WHISPER N THUNDER
WINDS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
APPLICATION DUE MAY 1st
The nomination will be written in an email format if at all possible. Please address the following questions in your nomination letter:
1) Share with us ways in which the you have demonstrated leadership, creativity, and academic achievement.
2) In what ways have you demonstrated a desire to serve your Native community? Include examples of service to others, family and Native community work and/or organization.
3) List your 3 most outstanding personality traits and why they will contribute to the your future in a positive way.
4) Answer the following questions:
a. Reason for financial assistance?
b. What is your grade point average?
c. What are your plans for the future? Include both school and intended profession.
5) Please write an essay answering one of the following two questions. The essay must accompany your application.
"What is the greatest contribution Native culture can give as a gift to the global community?"
"In an effort to correct American history to reflect the true history of North American and Native interaction, how would you seek to educate all people of all races about what has happened, and what needs to happen?"
6) Students who receive the scholarship agree to write for each issue of Whisper n Thunder during the academic year of their award (3 of the 4 issues, starting with the October issue), sharing about their educational experience.
At the top of your application, please include:
Please send your application and student essay to:
Billie K., Fidlin
Editor in Chief, Whisper n Thunder
Mail your application to:
Whisper n Thunder Inc
PO Box 10891
Glendale, AZ 85318
The nomination and essay will be reviewed by the WnT Winds Scholarship Committee. Scholarship awards will be announced in June of each year.
Banner Graphic: www.firstpeople.us